James Nicholls, Investment Art expert for Metro Newspaper & The Player International Bookazine, explains to Philippa Starns how more and more people are benefitting from Investment Art.
Easy and practical steps to increase the value of your artwork while it is on your wall. How to buy right; from £5 and upwards to masterpiece works. Art is for enjoyment!
This on-going entertaining audio programme is featured on international flights.
Having fun with art and the key things to look for:
- Needs to be enjoyable – for you and the family
- An artist – whose work is on the rise, with an increase in the selling trend in prices
- The source – of where you obtain your art works is very important, is it through a credible art dealer or contact. I will only purchase works for clients if I am confident of the source and credibility
- Provenance & Literature – documentation of authenticity, the receipt, anything about the artist, or the person who used to own the work, any magazine or newspaper articles on the artist and work. This certainly all adds value when it is time to sell
- Price – how to check and where to find the information as well as trends in categories of art
- The art of negotiation – from a local market, to dealing with auction houses
- Art trends – international trends and demand segments
“There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but here are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.” – Pablo Picasso